Tuesday, May 29, 2012

who's left?

i was looking at all my staff pictures from each year. and seeing who from each is still here.

from 2008:
me and hope

2009:
me and hope and emily G

2010:
me and hope and emily G and tori and rebecca B and leah T

2011:
me and hope and emily G and tori and kathleen and brittany and erin and chana and AK and carrie and corbitt and bobo

(leah and rebecca weren't there last year except for a week or two. that's why they're only in the 2010 list.)
out of the 91 full time staff i've worked with,78 are gone.
that's a lot of ghosts.
there are some people who stay with me forever. they may not still work with me, but i see little bits of them all around camp. staff house 4. stage left in the multipurpose building. the dock at the lake. the lifeguard stand at the deep end. the cit bunk in cabin 7. the front doors of the dining hall. the volleyball net.
new places get added every year. the cabin leader bed in cabin 6. the unit 1 building. the backstage room.
i'm pretty sure every part of camp makes me think of a different person if i really think...but this is bumming me out and i'd much rather focus on happy things(like going back in FIVE days!!!!!!!) so i'm done with this for now.
but really. no one ever leaves until the last person who remembers them leaves. (which means lucy will be here for the next twenty years)
just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment