Thursday, April 5, 2012

it's the MOST wonderful time of the YEAR!

camp is so much FUN!
OH my gosh i wanna be there RIGHT NOW.
actually i'm okay. and here's why.
you know how the weeks before christmas are still considered part of the "christmas season" and really that time is pretty much just as great as christmas day?
well, camp in this metaphor is like christmas only it lasts nine weeks instead of one day. and the months before it are like the time from thanksgiving to december 24th. the excitement starts around early april. like now. the weather starts getting warmer. school starts feeling more like jail. you start stalking new staff on facebook, digging around old boxes for your kids books and friendship bracelets and homesickness supplies, drawing up bulletin board ideas in class instead of taking notes(er, i don't do that), and maybe even packing(ok i really haven't started doing that. i have thought about it...but i always realize that having all my clothes in a suitcase for the next 61 days would be pretty inconvenient).
it's my favorite time of year. and that's saying something, because i REALLY love christmas.
today i'm just itching to be with my family, in my home. as much as i love campers(and they are definitely way higher on my favorite list), the staff are the ones on my mind. i love my camp staff. and i am so so CRAZY EXCITED to be part of another one!
if any new staff are reading this: i cannot WAIT to meet you!! yall are gonna have the best summer ever ever ever!!!(if you have doubts about that please come straight to me and i'll take care of you[in the good way...that totally could have sounded like a threat. haha].) in the mean time, i LOVE to pray, especially about camp and people related to it, so if you need anything whether about camp or anything else in the world, just let me know and i'll be lifting you up! i already am, but having specifics is always helpful. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment